Who: Harvard Prize Books are awarded to outstanding students in the next-to-graduating high school class who display excellence in scholarship and high character, combined with achievement in other fields. Donated by Harvard Clubs and Shared Interest Groups (SIGs), Prize Books are presented annually in nearly 2,000 high schools around the world.
When: Prize Books are generally presented at the end of the academic year, at high school award ceremonies or graduation exercises, with remarks from a local Harvard alumnus/a.
Why: Prize Books are an important way for Harvard Clubs and SIGs to help attract the attention of talented young students to the opportunities at Harvard College.
In 2019, the Harvard Club of St. Louis sponsored the Harvard Book Award for the following outstanding students:
- Emma Koontz, Belleville West HS
- Mary Snelling, Clayton HS
- McKinlee Morris, Crossroads HS
- Nick Hepburn, Kirkwood HS
- Philip Duchild, Lindbergh HS
- Joshua Donaldson, McCluer HS
- Tanay Chandak, Mary Institute and Country Day School
- Hailey Hughes, Nerinx Hall School
- Andrei Krozel, Parkway North HS
- Angela Jia, Parkway West HS
- Jenna Hageman, Pattonville HS
- Jacob Craig, St. John Vianney
- Micah See, Saint Louis University HS
- Dalton Bingham, St. Louis Priory HS
- Michelle Lee, Thomas Jefferson School
- Junxian Zhang, University City HS
- Max Wild, Whitfield HS