Club members Ray Boshara MPA 1996 and Ali Thomas EDM 2013 have invited our community to the following event at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis:
"Thrivers vs. Strugglers: A Growing Economic Divide - And What to Do about It"
with Oren Cass, JD 2012, (May 23, 4 - 6 pm).
How is it that so many people are struggling financially despite a growing economy, higher living standards, and a rising stock market? Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell observed that the economy is in a “good place” but warned that inequality is the nation’s biggest challenge over the next decade. Please join us from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 23 for a book event with Oren Cass (JD ‘12), author, The Once and Future Worker, at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in downtown (free parking included). The event will be moderated by Ray Boshara (MPA ’96), and also includes a panel discussion with non-profit, business and academic leaders.
- To learn more and register please click here;
- The first 100 people to register will receive a complimentary copy of Cass’s book, which has been described as “absolutely brilliant” by David Brooks of The New York Times.
- Location: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (free parking included)
- Date & Time: Thursday, May 23, 2019; 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., plus book signing and opening and closing receptions
- Please email Ali Thomas (Ed.M ‘13) at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ray Boshara at email@example.com if you’d like to learn more.